April 05, 2011

Many, Many Thanks

I regret that this will be just a brief note. But I want to express my profound gratitude to all those who responded to my plea for help. Your kindness is overwhelming. I find it impossible to express my thanks properly.

I'll be all right in terms of basic living expenses for the next several months. That is a very great relief indeed. Given my concerns about my "recovery" from the latest heart episode (and related problems), I'll see if I can get at least some small amount of medical care. I might be able to manage one visit to a doctor of my choosing (as opposed to a free medical clinic, which can't offer the kind of assistance I need at this point based on the inquiries I've made). But since I have no insurance, the cost of even basic tests is significant, so I'm not sure how much good that might do. I'll make some further calls, though, and see what's possible. I confess that I don't hold out much hope on that score, but I also hope to be proven wrong.

At the moment, I have to rest a lot more. I'd been feeling a little bit better for a day or two, but since Sunday I've been feeling worse again. On top of everything else, I'm having a lot of trouble getting any restful sleep, for I keep getting jolted awake by awful muscle spasms and cramps. Compared to my other ailments, cramps are exceedingly minor, but they're very painful and make it almost impossible to relax fully and get sleep which is genuinely refreshing to any meaningful degree. So uncomfortably lying down is what I end up doing, but lying down still is better than trying to sit up for more than a couple of minutes.

But damn it, there are some things I want to write about. I have been able to make some notes about two new essays, and I'm hoping I can actually devote time to them in a day or two.

My great thanks to all of you once more. I'd also hoped to write some thank-you emails by now, but I'm afraid my physical limitations are making that close to impossible at the moment. Please forgive me if I seem at all unappreciative. As I've said, and as I repeat, my gratitude is immense. My failing body makes it enormously difficult for me to express it in all the ways I would wish to.

I hope to be back with a new article or two in a few days. Bless you all.