September 16, 2008

Nationalize the World! The Sun! The Moon! Me!

So.

How long do you think it will be until the next universe-threatening crisis requires extraordinary rescue measures? The intervals between these episodes get shorter and shorter. I started to title this post, "The Plutocrats' Empire," but then I realized there's a problem with that. Because most of the "wealth" involved at this point is just made up. It doesn't exist. It's a fiction. Oh, it exists in the form of taxes to be paid by the next 500 generations -- fortunate people! -- but it doesn't exist now. Into the dream world, baby. Or nightmare. Whatever.

Oh, well. Nationalize me! Please, please, oh, please.

I'll just need half a billion. C'mon, you won't even notice it. Nationalize me!

What I said yesterday.

Funny. Those damned commies won after all. You go, Murka!