July 01, 2008

I Completely Forgot I Had Said That

I just happened to reread "The Depravity of Empire," an essay I wrote in late September of last year. I don't think I've ever reread it in its entirety until this evening.

For reasons which will become all too horribly apparent, the following passage leapt out at me with considerable force. I had just excerpted a newspaper article describing the Senate's approval of "a resolution ... urging the Bush administration to designate Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a foreign terrorist organization." I then wrote:
You have to hand it to the Washington Democrats and those commentators and bloggers who continue to shill for them. The Democrats count on the American public and their lobotomized lapdogs not to remember significant events from one week to the next -- and the Democrats' enablers willingly render themselves deaf, dumb and blind. The Democrats first put on a phony show of aggressively questioning Petraeus and doubting his propagandistic claims, and very shortly thereafter they rely on Petraeus's lies to set the stage for World War III.

I almost admire the Democrats' defenders in a certain way. The Democrats stab them deep in the gut and, while the knife is disemboweling them, the Democrats continue to lie in their agony-ridden faces -- and the victims still tell these bastards they will continue to support them. This collection of subhumans give sado-masochists a bad name. The commitment to cruelty, self-abasement and self-humiliation is all but perfect. It's no wonder they can regard one genocide after another with equanimity. It appears none of these people has a conscience any longer to be troubled in the smallest degree.

I will not go over the significance of the Revolutionary Guard amendment. I went over that ground in detail in "The Worsening Nightmare." Let it be noted that, if and when World War III destroys much of the world and the comfortable, ignorance-ridden lives of many Americans, neither the Democrats nor their defenders should look to any remotely civilized person for forgiveness. It will not be forthcoming.
We can only thank God that the Democrats and their servile defenders learned their lesson, even if it was at the very last moment, before it was finally too late.

Oh.