April 06, 2008

Brief Update

I'll keep this short. If I go into much detail, I'll become more of a wreck than I already am.

Many thanks to all the very kind people who responded to this plea. Rent and minimal living expenses are taken care of for this month, and I have enough to get some basic medical attention for Fidele. She's not in very good shape, although the worst appears to still be some time off. We'll have to see how things go from day to day, and week to week. Just an unhappy time, made worse by the fact that my own poor health often makes it very difficult for me to do the simplest of things, like cleaning up the messes that sometimes accompany old age for our companions. All very exhausting emotionally and physically, for both Fidele and me now. Thankfully, the other two cats are fine and a source of constant joy.

So, my mind has been elsewhere the last week, and I've found it impossible to focus on writing. I hope to get back to it in another few days. But I wanted to let you know what's going on, especially those of you who have been so thoughtful and generous.

My deepest thanks again, and I'll be back soon.