July 02, 2018

Getting Closer ...

I had to spend a good part of today on the eviction-relocation business, including speaking about several matters with a company that does relocation work on behalf of the city, and then sharing information with a few of the other tenants. So my focus has been a bit shattered.

As a result, I continue to work on the next part of my examination of the Watkins-Wolfe story, but I fully intend to publish the third installment tomorrow, probably in the afternoon. I'm still not sure if three parts will do it. But if I do have further observations beyond part three, I may do posts about a few other subjects before returning to the story of the affair!

In response to the update about my personal situation, I have received a few additional donations. Thank you, thank you! However, I'm still $300-400 short of what I need for this group of bills (rent, internet, electricity, phone). And if I were to receive a bit more than that, I'd be able to stock up on some food. I'm told it's good to have food around. It's been quite a while since I've been able to buy groceries without counting pennies, but I have a vague recollection that food and eating regularly are good things.

But maybe this is the end of the road for me. Who knows. If it is, I have to say it's a shitty deal. There are lots of rotten people in the world. I'm happy and proud to say I'm not one of them. But hell, it's not as if the universe arranges itself so that people get what they deserve, and what they deserve according to our particular perspectives. (Regular readers may recall that extreme heat has a horrible effect on me, particularly in light of my health problems -- atrial fibrillation, heart disease, and so on. Just to keep me in line, the malevolent gods have arranged for temperatures to rise to 100 and above later this week. Imagine my inexpressible joy.)

As always, I'm enormously thankful for any help you may be able to offer. Thank you!